Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Musical Chairs



(This game will need to be adopted to the teaching items you're teaching and the abilities and interests of the children you teach.)

Target Language
Q : What's this?
A : It's (a bag).
Q : Is this (an eraser)?
A : Yes, it is.
     No, it isn't.  It's (a crayon).

Q : How many (balls) are there?
A : There are (three balls).

Q : Who is (he)?
A : He is my (bother).
Q : Who is (she)?
A : She is my (grandmother).

Q : Can you (sing)?
A : Yes, I can.
     No, I can't.  But, I can (dance).

Q : Where are you going?
A : I'm going to the (zoo).
Q : How are you going there?
A : I'm (taking a bus).

Players
four (4) or more

Materials
picture cards (one less than the number of players)
chairs (one less than the number of players)
music player

How to play
Place chairs in a circle back-to-back facing outward. There should be one less chair than the number of players. When the music starts all the players march in circle around the chairs. When the music stops players  find a chair and sit down as quickly as they can. The player left standing answers a question, while players sitting asks a question.
Play several rounds for mastery of the target language..

Have fun and enjoy Musical Chairs with your children!



Rating   * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment